4 Feb 2014

TAG: The Way We Were

I was tagged by a lovely blogger, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder who I have recently stumbled upon. 



"I had a idea of a new tag, personally I love knowing about peoples lives, I'm so nosey! I love the idea of finding out now people got started with all things beauty! So this tag is all about our beauty firsts, I think there are some products (like for example, dream matte mousse!) that we all had our ins with, but we all have different make up pasts! And so that is what this tag is all about

The rules are very simple, basically answer all the questions, at the end tag some bloggers to do this tag. If you could mention I started this tag that would be great please!"

1. First Beauty Memory
My mother had this thing for blue eyeshadow and my first memory of it was her looking ill without it because I was so used to her wearing it.

2. First Beauty Product You Remember Buying
I used to get make up from the Avon catalogue when I was 10/11. The first product I bought in an actual chemist was Max Factor's Creme Puff.

3. When Did You First Starting Wearing Makeup?
I have curled my lashes and worn mascara (Maybelline Great Lash) since I was 13 and I had to start wear glasses.

4. What About Skincare?
I got acne when I was 11 and suffered with it until I was around 21, it still is far from perfect but it is so much better than it was. So for me I had to use prescription lotions and medications from a young age, even before I began wearing make up. 

I would like to point out that no amount of skincare or eating (or not eating) anything particular will make true acne go away. Go see your GP if you are suffering.

5. Are There Things You Did When Starting Out Beautywise That Now Makes You Cringe?
Not wearing eyeshadow because it creased awfully on me, when I first tried Urban Decay Primer Potion it was amazing. Many years later now there are lots equally as good and a fraction of the price. 

6. Is there anything you like when you look back, or maybe still do?
I always curl my lashes still, it really opens up my eyes and makes me look at least half awake.

7. How Did You Learn About Applying Makeup? What Has Made You Better Now?
I just played about with make up, practice makes perfect as they say. I used to practice a lot even when I wasn't going out and just staying in the house. It's only make up and can easily be removed if it didn't work. I learned a lot about how to blend and other tips and tricks from watching YouTube video's back in 2007.

8. And Skincare?
Trial and error, and advice from the doctor for the acne.

9. If You Have A Daughter In The Future What Would You Tell Them About Beauty? Tips?
Be yourself, don't follow fashions and 'rules', practice a lot and have fun, don't take it too seriously.

10. If You Could Talk To Yourself Now, Just As You Started With Makeup, What Would You Say?
MAC Vellum, (iridescent, duochrome white, blue, purple) is probably a little too much from lashes to brow! So don't obsess over how pretty it is and how much you need it.

If you read this and want to be tagged then go ahead and do it, but let me know so I can see your answers.

Don't forget to check out my beauty / nail blog below!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...